The Ability First Champion Awards event is less than a week away. On Nov. 3, 2016 we will be celebrating the people and organizations that help to foster a community of inclusivity.
You can still obtain tickets for the Champion Awards, which starts at 7:30 at the Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn at 591 Wellington Rd. The agenda for the event is as follows:
- 7:30 am: Registration and breakfast
- 7:45 am: Introductions
- 8:00 am: Welcome from co-chair, Lesley Oliver
- 8:05 am: Greetings from the City
- 8:10 am: Honourary chair, Kate Young
- 8:15 am: Speaker – Elsbeth Dodman
- 8:30 am: Speaker - Stacy King
- 8:45 am: Thank you from Ability First, Denise Gold
- 9:55 am: Presentation of Advocacy Award
- 9:05 am: Presentation of Large Business Award
- 9:15 am: Presentation of Small Business Award
- 9:25 am: Wrap up and silent auction results
The Ability First Champion Awards are designed to recognize and celebrate employers and individuals that motivate and support the hiring and retention of persons with disabilities. These awards are open to all employers and individuals that have successfully hired and retained a person or persons with disabilities. To be eligible, the nominated employers or individual must have been actively doing business or working for at least two years, in the City of London, or in the Counties of Elgin, Middlesex, and Oxford.